The AMD Ryzen 9 3950X is AMD’s latest best selling Ryzen processor. This 16-core, 32-thread CPU has a 3.5GHz base clock and a 4.7 GHz boost clock with just a 105W TDP. Its 72MB of L2 + L3 cache is also impressive, which should help with gaming and overall system performance. Users should also note that it’s compatible with the AM4 socket; however, an X570 motherboard is required to take full advantage of PCIe 4.0. Looking for recommended motherboards for AMD Ryzen 9 3950X ? You can take a look best motherboards for this CPU from our review:
This is the best motherboard for AMD Ryzen 9 3950X. This motherboard has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can run up to 4800 MHz when overclocked. For storage, it’s equipped with eight SATA III ports and two M.2 slots. There are three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards, which can run at x8/x8/x4 when all slots are filled, and a single PCIe 4.0 x1 slot for other PCI-based hardware. Other integrated features include Intel AX200 802.11ax Wi-Fi, Intel I211-AT Gigabit Ethernet, Aquantia AQC111C 5GbE LAN, and ROG SupremeFX 8-channel HD audio
- Amd AM4 socket: ready for 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and up to two M. 2 drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2, and AMD storemi to maximize connectivity and speed.
- Comprehensive thermal design: integrated cross Chill EK III, active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink, and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 5G and Gigabit Ethernet courtesy of aquatic and Intel, both with Asus Languid protection and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- Diy friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus safe Slot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
This motherboard has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can be overclocked to up to 2666 MHz. For storage, it’s equipped with six SATA III ports and three M.2 slots. If you need more space, the MEG X570 GODLIKE comes with an M.2 Xpander-Z Gen4 PCIe card that adds two additional M.2 slots. In total, there are four PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards and other PCIe-based hardware. Whether you’re using a single or multi-card setup, they will run at x16/x0/x0, x8/x0/x8, or x8/x4/x4 with the last slot only supporting x4 mode. Other integrated features include dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, one of which is a 2.5GbE port, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0, dual Realtek ALC1220 7.1-channel HD audio processors, and an ESS E9018 DAC.
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- Ultra-fast networking support with both on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) and bundled 10G Super LAN card
- Onboard triple Lightning Gen 4 M. 2 slots and bundled M. 2 XPANDER-Z Gen 4 accessory card with two additional M. 2 slots
- Mystic Light Infinity II brings together colorful lighting and an infinity mirror for deceptively endless light effects – customize with 16. 8 million colors and 29 effects through the Mystic Light APP
- Xtreme Audio DAC with dual audio processors, ESS DAC, 6. 3mm headphone out, and Nahimic enhancement software
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen / 2nd Gen Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel ECC / Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 16 Phases Infineon Digital VRM Solution with 70A PowIRstage
- Thermal Reactive Armor – Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe & NanoCarbon Baseplate
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with Triple Thermal Guards
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax & BT 5 with 2X AORUS Antenna
- ALC1220-VB & ESS SABRE 9218 DAC, 130dB Rear
- AQUANTIA 10GbE + Intel Gigabit LAN
- Exclusive RGB FAN COMMANDER for Professional Casemoders
- USB TurboCharger for Mobile Device Fast Charge Support
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design
- Smart Fan 5 – Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP and Noise Detection
- 1 x Front Panel & 1 x Rear USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- Integrated I/O Shield & Armor
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS Without Installing CPU, Memory, GPU
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: Active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm heatpipe, dual on-board M.2 heatsinks and a water pump + header
- Gaming connectivity: Supports PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and features dual M.2 and USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2.5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax) with MU-MIMO, and gateway teaming via GameFirst V
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig
- Gaming audio: High fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220A, DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to draw you deeper into the action