The AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core AM4 Processor is a powerful 12-core processor with 24 threads, designed for socket AM4 motherboards. Built with Zen 2 architecture, the third-generation 7nm Ryzen processor offers increased performance compared to its predecessor. Users should pair it with an AMD X500-series motherboard to fully take advantage of PCIe 4.0. Looking for recommended motherboards for AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, we have tested and reviewed latest best selling high-end motherboards, you can take a look at below:
X570 AORUS XTREME motherboard uses latest new generation Infineon multiphase PWM controller, and a total 16 phase for vCore and SOC, all with Infineon TDA21472 PowIRstage MOSFET which is capable of providing at least 70A of power from each phase, for a total of amazing 1120A. Power design is no longer a bottleneck for this motherboard.
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen / 2nd Gen Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel ECC / Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 16 Phases Infineon Digital VRM Solution with 70A PowIRstage
- Thermal Reactive Armor – Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe & NanoCarbon Baseplate
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with Triple Thermal Guards
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax & BT 5 with 2X AORUS Antenna
- ALC1220-VB & ESS SABRE 9218 DAC, 130dB Rear
- AQUANTIA 10GbE + Intel Gigabit LAN
- Exclusive RGB FAN COMMANDER for Professional Casemoders
- USB TurboCharger for Mobile Device Fast Charge Support
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design
- Smart Fan 5 – Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP and Noise Detection
- 1 x Front Panel & 1 x Rear USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- Integrated I/O Shield & Armor
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS Without Installing CPU, Memory, GPU
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula AM4 ATX Motherboard – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video
This is the best motherboard for AMD Ryzen 9 3950X. This motherboard has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can run up to 4800 MHz when overclocked. For storage, it’s equipped with eight SATA III ports and two M.2 slots. There are three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards, which can run at x8/x8/x4 when all slots are filled, and a single PCIe 4.0 x1 slot for other PCI-based hardware. Other integrated features include Intel AX200 802.11ax Wi-Fi, Intel I211-AT Gigabit Ethernet, Aquantia AQC111C 5GbE LAN, and ROG SupremeFX 8-channel HD audio
- Amd AM4 socket: ready for 2nd, and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and up to two M. 2 drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2, and AMD storemi to maximize connectivity and speed.
- Comprehensive thermal design: integrated cross Chill EK III, active PCH heatsink, M. 2 aluminum heatsink, and ROG cooling zone.
- High-performance networking: on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO support, 5G and Gigabit Ethernet courtesy of aquatic and Intel, both with Asus Languid protection and support for GameFirst V software.
- 5-Way Optimization: automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- Diy friendly design: pre-mounted I/O shield, Asus safe Slot, BIOS Flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE AM4 E-ATX Motherboard – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video
This motherboard has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can be overclocked to up to 2666 MHz. For storage, it’s equipped with six SATA III ports and three M.2 slots. If you need more space, the MEG X570 GODLIKE comes with an M.2 Xpander-Z Gen4 PCIe card that adds two additional M.2 slots. In total, there are four PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards and other PCIe-based hardware. Whether you’re using a single or multi-card setup, they will run at x16/x0/x0, x8/x0/x8, or x8/x4/x4 with the last slot only supporting x4 mode. Other integrated features include dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, one of which is a 2.5GbE port, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0, dual Realtek ALC1220 7.1-channel HD audio processors, and an ESS E9018 DAC.
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- Ultra-fast networking support with both on-board Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) and bundled 10G Super LAN card
- Onboard triple Lightning Gen 4 M. 2 slots and bundled M. 2 XPANDER-Z Gen 4 accessory card with two additional M. 2 slots
- Mystic Light Infinity II brings together colorful lighting and an infinity mirror for deceptively endless light effects – customize with 16. 8 million colors and 29 effects through the Mystic Light APP
- Xtreme Audio DAC with dual audio processors, ESS DAC, 6. 3mm headphone out, and Nahimic enhancement software
ASRock X570 Taichi AM4 ATX Motherboard – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video
The ASRock X570 Taichi AM4 ATX Motherboard is built on the AMD X570 chipset, supporting second- and third-generation AMD Ryzen processors with an AM4 socket. It has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can be overclocked to up to 4666 MHz. For storage, it’s equipped with eight SATA III ports and three M.2 slots. There are three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards and two PCIe 4.0 x1 slots for other PCI-based hardware. Other integrated features include Intel I211AT Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 802.11ax Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and Realtek ALC1220 7.1-channel HD audio.
- Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen 2000 and 3000 Series processors
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 802. 11ax (2. 4Gbps) + BT 5. 0
- Supports DDR4 4666+ (OC); 3 PCIe 4. 0 x16, 2 PCIe 4. 0 x1
- NVIDIA NVLinkTM, Quad SLI , AMD 3-Way CrossFireX
- 7. 1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound 4 & DTS Connect
- 8 SATA3, 1 Hyper M. 2 (PCIe Gen4 x4 & SATA3), 1 Hyper M. 2 (PCIe Gen4 x4)
- 3 USB 3. 2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C, Front Type-C), 8 USB 3. 2 Gen1 (2 Front, 6 Rear)
- ASRock Polychrome SYNC
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming AM4 ATX Motherboard – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: Active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm heatpipe, dual on-board M.2 heatsinks and a water pump + header
- Gaming connectivity: Supports PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and features dual M.2 and USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2.5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax) with MU-MIMO, and gateway teaming via GameFirst V
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig
- Gaming audio: High fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220A, DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to draw you deeper into the action