AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (Amazon/B&H/Newegg) is AMD’s latest Zen 3 desktop processor released in April 2021, it has a 6 core and 12 thread, base clock at 3.9 GHz, and boost clock up to 4.4 GHz. Like 5700G, Ryzen 5 5600G is one of the best selling CPUs in the world. Looking for recommended motherboards for AMD Ryzen 5 5600G ? We have tested and reviewed latest X570, B550, X470, B450 motherboards, and below are top recommended ones for AMD Ryzen 5 5600G:
Note: Some old motherboards need BIOS update for supporting Ryzen 5000 series CPUs.
Best Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Under $100:
A great foundation for your new powerhouse, MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX AM4 ATX Motherboard works flawlessly with AMD’s desktop processors for Socket AM4 and supports high-end components like dual M.2 NVMe SSDs and multi-GPU setup. A plethora of advanced MSI technologies will take overall experience up a notch, including Core Boost for stable power delivery, Audio Boost 4 for amazing sound and DDR4 Boost for optimal memory performance.
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Turbo M. 2, AMD storemi technology, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2
- Core boost: with premium layout and optimized power design to support more Cores and provide better performance
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: 7 Colors/ 7 effects in one click. Synchronize other RGB solutions for customization.ram memory installed size: 64.memory storage capacity: 64
ASUS TUF Gaming B450M-Plus II motherboard is another great cheap price motherboard for Ryzen 5 5600G. This TUF Gaming motherboard utilizes the AMD B450 chipset and is compatible with CPUs that fit the AM4 socket. Four RAM slots accommodate up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory, with speeds up to 4400 MHz supported when overclocking. Install drives using an M.2 or six SATA III interfaces; connect a graphics card and other adapters using the PCIe 3.0 x16, 2.0 x16 and 2.0 x1 slots.
- Robust Power Design:DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Extended VRM and PCH heatsink, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert 2 utility
- Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.0b (4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A connector, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Canceling Microphone Technology: codec with DTS Sound Unbound draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
- Gaming Look and Feel: 1x RGB header onboard with ASUS exclusive Armoury Crate utility
- DIY Friendly: With BIOS Flashback and ASUS exclusive UEFI BIOS, 256Mb BIOS Flash ROM
Phantom Gaming is designed by gamers and for gamers! Underneath its relentless appearance lie plentiful gaming oriented features and excellent gaming capabilities. It’s all about bringing a new gaming experience to gamers !
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 8 Power Phase Design, Digi Power. Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI
Best $100 – $200 Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 5 5600G:
The ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi) AM4 ATX Motherboard is built on the AMD X570 chipset supporting second- and third-generation AMD Ryzen processors with an AM4 socket. It is currently best selling X570 motherboard for AMD Ryzen 5000 series desktop processors. It has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can run up to 4400 MHz when overclocked. For storage, it’s equipped with eight SATA III ports and two 22110 M.2 slots. There are two PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards, which can run at x16/x4 when both slots are filled, and another two PCIe 4.0 x1 slots for other PCI-based hardware. Other integrated features include Intel AC 9260 Wi-Fi 5, Realtek L8200A Gigabit LAN, and Realtek ALC S1200A 8-channel HD audio.
- Enhanced Power Solution: Military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- Next-Gen Connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A / Type-C
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2×2 802.11 ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5.0, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Realtek S1200A Codec: Features an unprecedented 108dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 103dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips
Powered by the AMD B550 chipset, this motherboard supports third-generation AMD Ryzen processors with the AM4 socket for high-end video games and content creation. The chipset takes full advantage of the large PCIe 4.0 data bandwidth to handle demanding tasks such as 4K live streaming, video editing, and gaming at high settings. Up to 128GB of dual-channel ECC DDR4 RAM, reaching 4400 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across four memory slots to improve the system’s multitasking capabilities and speed.
- Robust Power Design: 12+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power for the latest high-core-count AMD CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design keep your system running reliably under heavy load by enhancing passive cooling capacity for critical onboard components
- High-performance Gaming Networking: On-board WiFi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth V5.1 and 2.5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.1 (4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, plus dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD) – one with PCIe 4.0 x4 connectivity, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port and Thunderbolt header
Set the foundation of your next custom gaming-focused PC with the MAG B550 TOMAHAWK AM4 ATX Motherboard from MSI. The motherboard is ideal for the gaming enthusiast who wishes to have complete control over their build. The AMD B550 chipset sets the foundation of your build giving you get an AM4 CPU socket, four dual-channel DDR4 RAM slots, six SATA III ports, and two M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD slots all working together to give you enhanced system performance.
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- On-board dual LAN: 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN
- Mystic Light: RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors / 29 effects
- Audio Boost rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences
- Premium Thermal Solution: Aluminum Cover with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2 ounce thickened copper
- Lightning Fast Game Experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2
Best $200 – $300 Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 5 5600G:
The MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI AM4 motherboard is MSI’s latest X570 motherboard specially designed for AMD Ryzen 5000 series desktop processor. MSI motherboards let you manage speeds and temperatures for all your system and CPU fans. Total Fan Control allows you check your primary system characteristics in a simplified graphical interface. You can also set up to 4 temperature targets for CPU and motherboard, which will adjust the fan speeds automatically.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 5000 Series, 5000 G-Series, 4000 G-Series, 3000 Series, 3000 G-Series, 2000 Series and 2000 G-Series desktop processors
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 5100(OC) MHz
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink Design and M.2 Shield Frozr are built for high performance system and non-stop works
- 2.5G LAN and Intel Wi-Fi 6E Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
- Lightning M.2: Running at PCIe Gen4 x4 maximizes performance for NVMe based SSDs
The ASUS PRIME X570-PRO AM4 ATX Motherboard is built on the AMD X570 chipset supporting second- and third-generation AMD Ryzen processors with an AM4 socket. It has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can run up to 4400 MHz when overclocked. For storage, it’s equipped with six SATA III ports and two M.2 slots. There are three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards, which can run at x8/x8/x4 when all slots are filled, and another three PCIe 4.0 x1 slots for other PCI-based hardware. Other integrated features include Intel I211-AT Gigabit LAN and Realtek S1200A 8-channel HD audio.
- Enhanced power solution: premium components provide better power efficiency
- 5-Way Optimization: one-click, system-wide tuning delivers optimized overclocks and intelligent cooling for CPU or gpu-intensive tasks
- Industry-leading cooling options: comprehensive controls for fans and dual pump headers, via fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory overclocking.Operating System:Windows 10 64-bit
- Next-gen connectivity: supreme flexibility With PCIe Gen 4 support, Dual M. 2 support, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 ports and front-panel header
The AORUS AMD X570 Pro WIFI Motherboard from Gigabyte is built on an AMD X570 chipset, supporting 2nd and 3rd generation AMD Ryzen processors with an AM4 socket. It has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can be overclocked to up to 4400 MHz. For storage, it’s equipped with six SATA 6Gb/s ports and two M.2 slots. It is also equipped with three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots and two PCIe 4.0 x1 slots. The Realtek ALC1200-VB codec provides up to 7.1-channel HD audio.
- Dual channel ECC/ non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- True 12 phases IR digital VRM with power stage. Bluetooth 5.0. Support for 11 axes 160MHz wireless standard and up to 2.4 Gbps data rate
- Advanced thermal design – Fins-array heatsink & direct touch Heatpipe
- Dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with dual thermal guards
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11Ax & BT 5 with AORUS antenna
- Amp-up audio with alc1220-vb
Best $300 – $400 Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 5 5600G:
The GIGABYTE X570S AORUS MASTER AM4 motherboard is GIGABYTE’s latest X570 motherboard designed for AMD Ryzen 5000 series desktop processors.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 5th Gen/ 4th Gen/ 3rd Gen/ 2nd Gen
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 14+2 Phases Infineon Digital VRM Solution with 70A Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Solution with Fins-Array II, Direct Touch Heatpipe II, M.2 Thermal Guard III and Thermal Backplate
- Intel WiFi 6E 802.11ax & BT 5.2
The ASUS Republic of Gamers Strix X570-E Gaming AM4 ATX Motherboard is built on the AMD X570 chipset, supporting second- and third-generation AMD Ryzen processors with an AM4 socket. It has four memory slots for up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, which can be overclocked up to 4400 MHz. For storage, it’s equipped with eight SATA III ports and two M.2 slots. There are three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for graphics cards and two PCIe 4.0 x1 slots for other PCI-based hardware. Other integrated features include Intel I211-AT Gigabit Ethernet, Realtek RTL8125-CG 2.5GbE Ethernet, Intel AX200 802.11ax Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and SupremeFX S1220 8-channel HD audio.
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: Active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm heatpipe, dual on-board M.2 heatsinks and a water pump + header
- Gaming connectivity: Supports PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and features dual M.2 and USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2.5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax) with MU-MIMO, and gateway teaming via GameFirst V
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig
- Gaming audio: High fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220A, DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to draw you deeper into the action
AMD B550 Ryzen AM4 ATX Gaming motherboard with PCIe® 4.0, 16 power stages, Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet, WiFi 6 (802.11ax), two onboard M.2 slots and four additional M.2 slots on the bundled ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Gen 4 Card, SATA 6 Gbps, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB lighting. Specially designed for AMD Ryzen 5000 series desktop processors.
- Best gaming connectivity: PCIe® 4.0-ready, two onboard M.2 slots and four additional M.2 slots on the bundled ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Gen 4 Card, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C® plus HDMI™ 2.1 and DisplayPort™ 1.2 output
- Robust power solution: 14+2 power stages with ProCool power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors
- Comprehensive cooling: Actively cooled VRM heatsinks with L-shaped heatpipe and integrated aluminum I/O cover, plus dedicated M.2 heatsinks
- Superfast networking: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Intuitive software: Easy-to-use UEFI BIOS and ASUS AI Networking make it easy to configure gaming builds
- DIY-friendly design: Includes pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS FlashBack™, Q-Code and FlexKey
- Unmatched personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including Aura RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio: Audio USB Type-C®, AI Noise-Canceling Microphone, SupremeFX S1220A codec, DTS® Sound Unbound™ and Sonic Studio III for immersive audio
Best Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 5 5600G Over $400:
The new ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570s ATX motherboard is ASUS’s newest motherboard specially designed for AMD Ryzen 5000 series desktop processors. It supports up to two M.2 drives and features USB 3.2 Gen 2 and AMD StoreMI to maximize connectivity and speed.
- Comprehensive thermal design: Passive chipset heatsink, M.2 aluminum heatsinks and ROG Water Cooling Zone.
- Robust power delivery: Designed power solution 14+2 TI power stages rated for 90A, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- High-performance networking: On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2.5 Gbps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, both with ASUS LANGuard protection, and support for GameFirst VI software.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
- Unmatched personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- Industry-leading ROG audio: ROG SupremeFX S1220 is combined with the venerable ESS® ES9023P to deliver high-fidelity audio to headsets and exotic cans.