The Sony FX3 is a compact design E-mount cinema camera released in 2021. Sony FX3 is the ideal camera for solo shooters, for travel needs, for use as a B-camera on high-end shoots, or simply as the main camera for filmmakers who treasure the idea of a sleek and well-spec’d full-frame cinema camera. Looking for recommended microphones for Sony FX3 ? We have tested and reviewed latest microphones, and below are top recommended ones for Sony FX3:
The Rode VideoMic Pro+ is currently best selling mic for Sony FX3. Equipped with expanded power options, extended tonal control, and a redesigned windscreen in a smaller footprint than the VideoMic Pro, the Rode VideoMic Pro+ is optimal for mobile journalists, vloggers, budget filmmakers, and run-and-gun shooters in need of a flexible camera-mount shotgun mic that’s also at home on a boompole.
- Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features.
- Automatic Power Function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
- Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze – plus it won’t get lost.
- Power options the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
- Digital Switching – will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times.
With an ultralightweight body and smooth tone, the Sony ECM-VG1 shotgun microphone offers strong, clean output signal for event video shoots, indie film production, TV and documentary shooting, court room depositions, and more. Plus, at a mere 2.3 ounces, it can be placed atop a camcorder or mounted on a boompole with virtually no impact on the weight of the rig.
- For Indie Films, TV & Documentaries
- Phantom Powered
- Switchable Low-Cut Filter
- High Sensitivity Requires Less Gain
- Smooth Tone for Voice Reproduction
- Ultralightweight Metal Body
- Furry Windshield Minimizes Wind Noise
- XLR Cable, Mic Spacers & Mic Holder
The Sony ECM-XYST1M Stereo Microphone is compatible with Handycam camcorders, Cyber-Shot cameras, Alpha/NEX cameras, and any other camera that has a Sony Multi Interface Shoe. The Multi Interface Shoe passes the audio directly to your camera, so no additional cable is required. For use with cameras that don’t have a Multi Interface Shoe, you can connect the microphone to the mic input jack on your camera using an included stereo mini-jack cable. The directional angle of the mic capsules can me manually adjusted from 0° to 120°, allowing you to fine-tune your audio capture according to the setting. Plus, an included windscreen enhances audio quality further by cutting down on wind noise pickup.
- Compatible with Handycam camcorders, Cyber-shot cameras and Alpha cameras with Multi Interface Shoe
- High quality sound recording with wide frequency band.Adjust the directional angle of the microphone by hand according to the sound source.
- Adjust recording range from 0 or 120 degrees
- Attach via supplied mic terminal cable
The Sony ECM-W2BT brings vloggers, YouTubers, journalists, and content creators using Sony cameras with digital MI interfaces a flexible and easy-to-use true-wireless microphone system featuring advanced Bluetooth technology for high-quality audio and reliable, low-latency performance.
- For Vlogs, Interviews, Videos & YouTube
- Stable, Interference-Free Wireless
- Clip-On Transmitter/Mic with 3.5mm Input
- Compact MI Shoe-Mount Receiver with Mic
- Dialog, Interview & VO Pickup Options
- Power & Digital Audio via MI Interface
- 3 Hr Rechargeable Batteries, 9 Hr via MI
- Dust and Moisture Resistant
- 650′ Range
Offering lower noise, higher sensitivity, and more adjustable settings than the VideoMic, the Rode VideoMic Pro camera-mount shotgun microphone is ideal for mobile journalists, vloggers, budget filmmakers, and run-and-gun shooters looking for a cost-effective way to step up to the next level in quality.
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- All-new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (6″/150mm length)
- Ultra lightweight (3oz/85g)
- 9V battery powered – over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8″ thread for easy boompole mounting