The Sony a7 III is one of the best selling full frame mirrorless cameras in the world. The built-in microphone for Sony a7 III is not good enough for your movies, instead you’d better get an external microphone for Sony a7 III. We have tested latest mics, and below are top recommended ones for Sony a7 III:
Equipped with expanded power options, extended tonal control, and a redesigned windscreen in a smaller footprint than the VideoMic Pro, the Rode VideoMic Pro+ is optimal for mobile journalists, vloggers, budget filmmakers, and run-and-gun shooters in need of a flexible camera-mount shotgun mic that’s also at home on a boompole.
- Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features.
- Automatic Power Function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
- Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze – plus it won’t get lost.
- Power options the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
- Digital Switching – will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times.
The Sennheiser MKE 600 Shotgun Mic is the top rated and high-end microphone for Sony a7 III. Upgrade the audio quality in your video productions by switching from the built-in mic on your camera to the Sennheiser MKE 600 battery- or phantom-powered shotgun microphone. Its focused directional characteristics and resistance to structure-borne noise offer sonic results well suited to a variety of production scenarios from independent films and web series to nature shows and documentaries.
- Flexible use on any camera due to compact form
- Exceptional directivity
- Maximum rejection of side noise
- Switchable low-cut filter
- Phantom or battery powering
- Battery switch with “Low Batt” indicator
- All-metal housing
- Very good suppression of structure-borne noise
The Sony ECM-XYST1M Stereo Microphone is compatible with Handycam camcorders, Cyber-Shot cameras, Alpha/NEX cameras, and any other camera that has a Sony Multi Interface Shoe. The Multi Interface Shoe passes the audio directly to your camera, so no additional cable is required. For use with cameras that don’t have a Multi Interface Shoe, you can connect the microphone to the mic input jack on your camera using an included stereo mini-jack cable. The directional angle of the mic capsules can me manually adjusted from 0° to 120°, allowing you to fine-tune your audio capture according to the setting. Plus, an included windscreen enhances audio quality further by cutting down on wind noise pickup.
- Compatible with Handycam camcorders, Cyber-shot cameras and Alpha cameras with Multi Interface Shoe
- High quality sound recording with wide frequency band.Adjust the directional angle of the microphone by hand according to the sound source.
- Adjust recording range from 0 or 120 degrees
- Attach via supplied mic terminal cable
Offering lower noise, higher sensitivity, and more adjustable settings than the VideoMic, the Rode VideoMic Pro camera-mount shotgun microphone is ideal for mobile journalists, vloggers, budget filmmakers, and run-and-gun shooters looking for a cost-effective way to step up to the next level in quality.
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- All-new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (6″/150mm length)
- Ultra lightweight (3oz/85g)
- 9V battery powered – over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8″ thread for easy boompole mounting