Panasonic has released their full frame L-mount mirrorless cameras Lumix S1, Lumix S1R, Lumix S1H. All these cameras are great for movies and video recording. In order to get better audio quality when recording videos, you’d better get an external microphone for these camera. We have tested and reviewed latest microphones, and below are top recommended ones for Panasonic Lumix S1 & S1R & S1H:
For capturing audio the Stereo VideoMic X by RODE Microphones offers professional quality. It can be used as an on-camera mic in various environments, for applications such as interviews, weddings, sports and nature shoots, and more. It features a matched pair of 1/2″ condenser capsules configured in a stacked X-Y configuration with cardioid polar patterns, a 40 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response, and 9V battery or 48V phantom power. It is built with a balanced mini XLR (TA3F) output connector, and an unbalanced 1/8″ output stereo mini jack plug. The Stereo VideoMic X can deliver professional-grade audio and gets the job done when capturing audio in various environments.
- Acoustically matched true condenser capsules
- Rycote Lyre onboard shock mounting to isolate from knocks and bumps
- Balanced professional XLR outputs, and unbalanced 1/8″ stereo mini-jack outputs are provided
- Rugged metal construction insures durability
- Three step high-pass filter (0, 75 Hz, 150 Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0dB, +20dB)
- High frequency boost (+6dB)
- LED power on/low battery indicator
The Sennheiser MKE 600 Shotgun Mic is the top rated and high-end microphone for Panasonic Lumix S series cameras. Upgrade the audio quality in your video productions by switching from the built-in mic on your camera to the Sennheiser MKE 600 battery- or phantom-powered shotgun microphone. Its focused directional characteristics and resistance to structure-borne noise offer sonic results well suited to a variety of production scenarios from independent films and web series to nature shows and documentaries.
- Flexible use on any camera due to compact form
- Exceptional directivity
- Maximum rejection of side noise
- Switchable low-cut filter
- Phantom or battery powering
- Battery switch with “Low Batt” indicator
- All-metal housing
- Very good suppression of structure-borne noise
Equipped with expanded power options, extended tonal control, and a redesigned windscreen in a smaller footprint than the VideoMic Pro, the Rode VideoMic Pro+ is optimal for mobile journalists, vloggers, budget filmmakers, and run-and-gun shooters in need of a flexible camera-mount shotgun mic that’s also at home on a boompole.
- Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features.
- Automatic Power Function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
- Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze – plus it won’t get lost.
- Power options the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
- Digital Switching – will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times.
Get the Sennheiser MKE 400 camera-mount shotgun microphone to experience sound quality better than your camera’s built-in microphone allows. With extremely long battery life, adjustable sensitivity, and a selectable bass roll-off, the MKE 400 is fitting for mobile journalists, vloggers, and run-and-gun shooters.
- Rugged all-metal housing
- Integral shock mount for rejection of handling noise
- Switchable sensitivity for long and short distances.
- More than 300 hrs operationg time from 1 AAA battery.
- Fits all camers with a standard hot shoe mount and an external microphone input
Offering lower noise, higher sensitivity, and more adjustable settings than the VideoMic, the Rode VideoMic Pro camera-mount shotgun microphone is ideal for mobile journalists, vloggers, budget filmmakers, and run-and-gun shooters looking for a cost-effective way to step up to the next level in quality.
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- All-new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (6″/150mm length)
- Ultra lightweight (3oz/85g)
- 9V battery powered – over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8″ thread for easy boompole mounting