The Sony a7S III is one of the best cameras for videography. a7S III can shoot UHD 4K 120p video and internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling. In order to shoot better videos, you’d better get a gimbal stabilization for Sony a7S III. We have tested and reviewed latest gimbals, and below are top recommended ones for Sony a7S III:
The new DJI RS 2 is DJI’s redesigned follow-up to the Ronin-S gimbal with a payload of up to 10 lb. RS 2 can make Sony a7S III into professional-grade workflows. It’s about 25% lighter and more compact thanks to monocoque carbon fiber axis arms and a shorter grip handle with a smaller battery cartridge, although still with a 12-hour runtime. The RS 2 also has a 1.4″ full-color LCD touchscreen that allows you to access gimbal settings as well as features such as time-lapse and hyperlapse, which were previously accessible only via the companion mobile app.
- STABILIZATION: Titan Stabilization Algorithm captures smoother footage than ever. SuperSmooth mode compensates for micromovements and increases torque, stabilizing even 100mm zoom lenses.
- FILM MORE, PACK LESS: A 1kg gimbal with 4.5kg tested payload offers the highest weight-to-payload ratio in the industry. Monocoque carbon fiber construction adds incredible strength and unbelievable lightness to the axis arms.
- FULL-COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: The full-color LCD screen allows you to quickly adjust parameters and use features of the Ronin app. Access ActiveTrack 3.0 right from the touchscreen, freeing your creative control.
- MULTI-SHOOTING SOLUTION: Both RSA ports are NATO compatible, opening DJI RS 2 to a universe of third-party accessories and versatile handling and mounting possibilities.
- OUR BEST BATTERY YET: The BG30 grip has a max runtime of 12 hours, and can charge independently from DJI RS 2. DJI RS 2 employs a cartridge design for more secure battery mounting and faster swaps.
If you are looking for a lighter and cheaper gimbal, the DJI RSC 2 is the best choice for your Sony a7S III. The DJI RSC 2 is designed for mirrorless and DSLR cameras and supports up to 6.6 lb camera and accessories loads. The motors of the RSC 2 are 50% more powerful than those of the Ronin-SC, which is the predecessor of this redesigned gimbal. A key feature of the RSC 2 is a foldable design that allows for switching to underslung mode.
- Designed for mirrorless and DSLR cameras
- 6.6 lb payload for camera and accessories
- Foldable into underslung mode
- 1″ OLED black-and-white display
- DJI Titan stabilization algorithm
- SuperSmooth stabilization feature for long zoom lenses
- Two NATO mounts for dedicated accessories such as a briefcase handle
- Support for an optional DJI RavenEye 1080p transmission system
- Integrated grip handle with built-in 14-hour batteries
- iOS 11+/Android 7.0+ companion app
- Time-lapse, panorama, Roll 360, and other creative functions
- Dual-layer Manfrotto plus Arca-Swiss camera mounting system
- Single-tap switching to portrait mode
The old DJI Ronin-S is still a great gimbal for Sony a7S III, with the powerful DJI Ronin-S, you can make Sony a7S III into professional-grade workflows. The single-handed form factor of the Ronin-S lends itself to lighter camera payloads, up to eight pounds. But don’t let its size fool you; the Ronin-S has a lot going on under the hood. Separate modules are available for the handle and accessory docks, allowing you to customize the gimbal based on how you wish to operate it. While using the conventional battery grip, the Ronin-S will last up to 12 hours on a single charge.
- Three-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
- Holds DSLR or Mirrorless Cameras
- Eight-Pound Payload Capacity
- Trigger and Mode Buttons for Control
- Offers a suite of advanced capturing features to unleash your imagination like Panorama, Timelapse, Motionlapse, Track.
A follow-up to the Crane-2, the Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 2S has been highly upgraded to better suit the needs of filmmakers. Featuring a new-generation 9th Instune Algorithm that improves the responsiveness of each axis, the CRANE 2S is capable of stabilizing large cameras such as the Blackmagic Pocket 6K, Panasonic S1H, and Canon EOS 1DX Mark II along with accessories. (Please visit the Zhiyun website for a full list of compatible cameras and lenses.)
- 9th Instune High Axis Response Algorithm
- Large Camera Support: BMPCC 6K, S1H, 1DX
- Dedicated TransMount Transmitter Mounts
- Standard & Vertical Camera Mounts
If you are looking for more professional gimbal than Ronin-S, the best choice is the new released Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 3S. This one is a powerful redesign of previous Zhiyun gimbals with the addition of detachable handle options, more powerful motors with a large 14.3 lb payload, an updated axis-locking system, external power input, and the ViaTouch 2.0 remote control system. The 55° angled roll axis allows you to fit your camera without blocking the view, and it is also modular so you can add an included extension arm to fit larger cameras.
- 14.3 lb Payload, Zoom and Focus Wheel
- Redesigned Detachable SmartSling Handle
- Updated Axis Locking System
- ViaTouch 2.0 Remote Motion Control
- Wider compatibility is the goal but flexibility is provided
The Moza Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer has been upgraded over previous versions with newly optimized high-torque motors, a 9.25 lb weight capacity, and many other features. The high weight capacity allows for a much wider range of cameras to be used, as well as wider combinations of cameras and lenses. The Air 2 also supports the optional Moza iFOCUS Intelligent Wireless Lens Control System, which comes in different versions to offer standard and automatic (with preset start/end points) focus and zoom control directly from the Air 2.
- 9.25 lb Weight Capacity / 8 Follow Modes
- Supports for iFOCUS Lens Control System
- Unobstructed View of Camera LCD
- 12 Buttons for Gimbal, Camera, Settings
The Zhiyun-Tech WEEBILL-S incorporates the underslung mode design of its predecessor, the WEEBILL LAB, and also has a more compact form as well as other new features. The sling mode design consists of a handle on the rear that allows for easy switching to underslung mode as well as better handling in all other modes. Other improvements include upgraded motors and stabilization algorithm. The WEEBILL-S features 300% more motor torque and 50% more responsiveness. This allows you to better balance camera/lens combos such as the Sony a7S III and FE lenses.
- Rear Underslung Handle in Compact Design
- Highly Upgraded Motors and Algorithm
- Support for Optional Transmission Module
- Updated ZY Play App Features