The Nikon Z5 is a great full frame mirrorless camera for video recording, supports UHD 4K video recording at up to 30 fps and Full HD recording at up to 60 fps. In order to shoot better videos, you’d better get a gimbal stabilization for Nikon Z5. Accessories Tested has tested and reviewed latest gimbals, and below are top recommended ones for Nikon Z5:
- DJI RSC 2 – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama/DJI
- DJI RS 2 – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama/DJI
- DJI Ronin-SC – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama
- DJI Ronin-S – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama
- Zhiyun-Tech WEEBILL-S – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video
- Moza AirCross 2 – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama
- Zhiyun-Tech WEEBILL LAB – Check Price at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama
If you are looking for a light and cheap gimbal, the DJI RSC 2 is the best choice for your Nikon Z5. The DJI RSC 2 is designed for mirrorless and DSLR cameras and supports up to 6.6 lb camera and accessories loads. The motors of the RSC 2 are 50% more powerful than those of the Ronin-SC, which is the predecessor of this redesigned gimbal. A key feature of the RSC 2 is a foldable design that allows for switching to underslung mode.
- Designed for mirrorless and DSLR cameras
- 6.6 lb payload for camera and accessories
- Foldable into underslung mode
- 1″ OLED black-and-white display
- DJI Titan stabilization algorithm
- SuperSmooth stabilization feature for long zoom lenses
- Two NATO mounts for dedicated accessories such as a briefcase handle
- Support for an optional DJI RavenEye 1080p transmission system
- Integrated grip handle with built-in 14-hour batteries
- iOS 11+/Android 7.0+ companion app
- Time-lapse, panorama, Roll 360, and other creative functions
- Dual-layer Manfrotto plus Arca-Swiss camera mounting system
- Single-tap switching to portrait mode
The new DJI RS 2 is DJI’s redesigned follow-up to the Ronin-S gimbal with a payload of up to 10 lb. RS 2 can make Nikon Z5 into professional-grade workflows. It’s about 25% lighter and more compact thanks to monocoque carbon fiber axis arms and a shorter grip handle with a smaller battery cartridge, although still with a 12-hour runtime. The RS 2 also has a 1.4″ full-color LCD touchscreen that allows you to access gimbal settings as well as features such as time-lapse and hyperlapse, which were previously accessible only via the companion mobile app.
- STABILIZATION: Titan Stabilization Algorithm captures smoother footage than ever. SuperSmooth mode compensates for micromovements and increases torque, stabilizing even 100mm zoom lenses.
- FILM MORE, PACK LESS: A 1kg gimbal with 4.5kg tested payload offers the highest weight-to-payload ratio in the industry. Monocoque carbon fiber construction adds incredible strength and unbelievable lightness to the axis arms.
- FULL-COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: The full-color LCD screen allows you to quickly adjust parameters and use features of the Ronin app. Access ActiveTrack 3.0 right from the touchscreen, freeing your creative control.
- MULTI-SHOOTING SOLUTION: Both RSA ports are NATO compatible, opening DJI RS 2 to a universe of third-party accessories and versatile handling and mounting possibilities.
- OUR BEST BATTERY YET: The BG30 grip has a max runtime of 12 hours, and can charge independently from DJI RS 2. DJI RS 2 employs a cartridge design for more secure battery mounting and faster swaps.
DJI Ronin-SC brings many improvements over its predecessor, the Ronin-S, with this smaller and lighter stabilized, three-axis single-handle gimbal, designed for small mirrorless cameras under 4.4 lb. Though the Ronin-SC is smaller, it packs an abundance of features, design enhancements, and technology inside its compact form. The gimbal features stabilization, pan, tilt, and roll control, as well as 360° continuous panning to create steady 3D/360° motion shots.
- Three-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
- Designed for Mirrorless Cameras
- One-Handed Operation, 4.4 lb Max. Load
- Force Mobile Smartphone Control
The DJI Ronin-S is currently one of most advanced gimbal stabilizer for Nikon Z5. Ronin-S can make Nikon Z5 into professional-grade workflows. The single-handed form factor of the Ronin-S lends itself to lighter camera payloads, up to eight pounds. But don’t let its size fool you; the Ronin-S has a lot going on under the hood. Separate modules are available for the handle and accessory docks, allowing you to customize the gimbal based on how you wish to operate it. While using the conventional battery grip, the Ronin-S will last up to 12 hours on a single charge.
- Three-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
- Holds DSLR or Mirrorless Cameras
- Eight-Pound Payload Capacity
- Trigger and Mode Buttons for Control
The Zhiyun-Tech WEEBILL-S incorporates the underslung mode design of its predecessor, the WEEBILL LAB, and also has a more compact form as well as other new features. The sling mode design consists of a handle on the rear that allows for easy switching to underslung mode as well as better handling in all other modes. Other improvements include upgraded motors and stabilization algorithm. The WEEBILL-S features 300% more motor torque and 50% more responsiveness. This allows you to better balance camera/lens combos such as the Canon EOS R5 and RF lenses.
- Rear Underslung Handle in Compact Design
- Highly Upgraded Motors and Algorithm
- Support for Optional Transmission Module
- Updated ZY Play App Features
In a sleek and ergonomic design, the Moza AirCross 2, in black, supports up to 7 lb cameras, including wide-body types like the Blackmagic Pocket 4K and those with a built-in grip. It comes with a companion iOS/Android smartphone app that provides many creative features, including an AI calculation function that auto-tunes the gimbal by selecting optimal parameters based on the camera load. The AirCross 2 is designed to hold the camera mounted closer to the tilt motor, allowing for more stability with most cameras, and the camera orientation can be switched between portrait and landscape modes when using the dedicated included bracket. The gimbal also has an angled motor arm in order to allow a clear view of the camera LCD during operation.
- 7 lb Payload, Wide Body Camera Support
- Angled Motor Arm for Clear Camera View
- Portrait/Landscape Mode Switchable
- Axis Locks for Simplified Balancing
The Zhiyun-Tech WEEBILL LAB introduced a new design to motorized handheld gimbal stabilizers. Zhiyun has added support for a mini tripod in the upper section of the gimbal, allowing for two-handed operation as well as easily switching to underslung mode. At the same time, Zhiyun has shortened the main handle to make the gimbal more compact and lighter. The WEEBILL LAB supports up to 6.6 lb and offers pan follow, full follow, locking, POV, vortex, and PhoneGo modes with 360° pan, tilt, and roll rotation. PhoneGo mode enables the gimbal to operate at maximum follow speed for extreme sports and similar applications. The WEEBILL runs for up to 10 hours on two supplied 18650 batteries.
- 6.6 lb Payload
- Mini Tripod Mount on Top and Bottom
- Allows Two-Handed Operation
- Easy Switching to Underslung Mode