The Fujifilm X100V is Fujifilm’s latest high-end compact camera released in early 2020. Fujifilm X100V is currently the best selling compact camera in the world. Utilizing a proven and well-regarded APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, the X100V is capable of high-resolution recording along with support for DCI/UHD 4K video. To shoot better images, you’d better get a flash/speedlight for Fujifilm X100V. We have selected recommended flashes for Fujifilm X100V, take a look at below:
Best TTL Flash for Fujifilm X100V:
Providing users with a portable lighting solution, the EF-42 Flash from FUJIFILM features a guide number of 138′ at ISO 100 and 105mm and is fully compatible with FUJIFILM cameras, offering TTL flash metering support. The flash head itself has a zoom range from 24-105mm with full-frame cameras which can be extended down to 20mm with a wide-angle panel. Also, bounce flash is possible with tilting upward 90° and rotation 120° right and 180° left, for full control over light placement.
- Zoom focal length can be set to either 35mm or APS-C formats with ranges of 24-105mm and 16-70mm respectively
- Color temperature of approximately 5600K
- Battery life of about 220-240 full power flashes
- Locking hot shoe mount
Offering a powerful 76Ws output along with a distinct design, the Godox V1 Flash is an advanced light source with features that clearly reflect the current state of the industry. Compatible with FUJIFILM TTL, this flexible on-camera light is distinguished by its round head, which provides soft, smooth light with gradual fall off that augments the flattering output. The head rotates 330 degrees, tilts -7 to 120°, and has a magnetic surface for lightning-fast attachment of Godox’s accessory light modifiers.
- Round zoom head design delivers the smoothest, most pleasing light ever to grace a speedlight
- Flashpoint R2 Remote TTL System built right in
- Command 4 Groups independently to the whole R2 Family
- Powerful GN 92ft / 28m @ISO 100 50mm zoom
- Internal Lithium Ion Polymer battery for 650 full power flashes
- High Speed Sync for shutter speeds up to 1/8000 second
A super compact TTL-capable unit, the EF-X20 Flash from FUJIFILM helps add a bit of fill light to your scene. This flash offers a guide number of 66′ at ISO 100 and the 28mm (full frame) setting. It also has a built-in wide-angle panel that increases coverage to 20mm and will work as a wireless slave unit. Manual power setting is possible with a dial for 1/1 to 1/64 power and it has exposure compensation from -1 to +1 EV in 1/3 steps. Additionally, it runs on 2 AAA batteries and has a recycle time of 5 to 6 seconds. Included with the unit is a soft pouch and a tripod adapter.
- Compact and lightweight, yet offers a strong light intensity of guide number 20.
- With the FUJIFILM’s unique flash control technology “i Flash technology”, it can automatically optimize the amount of light suitable to every shooting condition.
- Crafted from premium metal materials to compliment the design of the X-Series cameras.
- Ergonomic design for responsive dial control.
- Built-in wide diffuser can be selected by using lever on the side of the flash.
- Built-in “Slave Mode” for advanced photography.
With full support for Fujifilm TTL, including high-speed sync, and a built-in 2.4GHz radio system, the Godox TT685F Thinklite TTL Flash will make it easy to create both simple and elaborate lighting setups. When mounted on camera, it is an effective lighting tool with a powerful guide number of 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm, a zoom range of 20-200mm, and the ability to tilt from -7 to 90° and rotate 360°. As a TTL-capable unit, the TT685F can also operate as a full wireless master or slave unit with TTL functionality.
- Extremely Powerful Flash with a GN of 190ft / 58m
- Approximately 230 Full Power Flashes per set of 2500mA Ni-MH batteries
- Fully Compatible with All on Fujifilm Camera TTL Controls Including Automatic TTL Exposure Control, Exposure Bias, Bracketing, HSS, EXIF Recording, Modeling Flash, and Flash Exposure Lock
- Wireless Remote TTL and Manual Power Control with the Integrated R2 Radio System s Built In Transmitter and Receiver
- Industry benchmark range and interference avoidance
- Faster Recycle and Flash Capacity with the Lithium Flashpoint Blast Pack BP-960
- Zooming Head for Even Coverage with automatic zoom or manual control
- HSS for Shutter Speeds Up To 1/8000 Second Regular and Intelligent Optical Slave Modes
- Backwards Compatible with the Flashpoint R1 Radio Control System for Manual Output Control and Triggering
- 360 degree rotation and 90+ degree tilt
- Stable color temperature at 5600 200K over the entire power range
- Backlit Matrix LCD
- Multipurpose Buttons with Digital Marking for Faster Navigation Perfect for On and Off Camera Use
- Laser AF Assist Lamp with Crisscross Pattern for Instant Autofocus Even In Complete Darkness on Low Contrast Surfaces
With full support for Fujifilm TTL, including high-speed sync, and a built-in 2.4GHz radio system, the compact Godox TT350F Mini Thinklite TTL Flash is an excellent everyday companion for your camera. With a lightweight design and guide number of 118′ at ISO 100 and 105mm, the TT350F is useful for both on-camera and off-camera operation. Users can also use it as an optical slave in addition to use as a radio TTL master/slave unit. It is versatile as well with the ability to tilt from -7 to 90° and rotate 270°.
- An integrated 2.4 GHz X radio system is incorporated into the TT350F for wireless triggering. Able to be set up as a master or slave, this flash will help you create a versatile lighting setup with a range of 328′ and support for 16 channels and three groups. It can also work with an optional X series transmitter for creating more elaborate setups.
- Being compatible with Fujifilm’s TTL system, users will enjoy numerous automated flash settings and the ability to use functions such as high-speed sync.
- With a guide number of 118′ at ISO 100 and 105mm the TT350F will illuminate most subjects. It also features a zoom head with a range of 24-105mm and a 14mm wide-angle panel for using a variety of different lenses.
- Manual power control from 1/1 to 1/128 in 1/3 EV steps.
- The flash head can be tilted from -7 to 90° and rotated a total of 270° for controlling bounce and where the light falls on the scene.
- Optical slave mode is available for working with other standard flashes.
- This flash runs on two alkaline or NiMH AA batteries which help deliver about 210 full-power flashes and recycle times of 0.1-2.2 seconds.
- USB connection for installing future firmware updates.
Best Manual Flash for Fujifilm X100V:
Bolt VD-410 Manual Flash will find a home in many camera bags due to its simple manual operation, moderate guide number of 124.7′ at ISO 100, and versatility provided by on- and off-camera triggering options, including wireless. Manual output is controlled from 1/1 to 1/128 power and placement of the light is controlled by tilting the head from 0-90° and swiveling up to 90° right or 180° left. Along with this, the flash has standard coverage for 35mm and longer lenses, and it is equipped with a built-in diffuser that widens coverage down to an 18mm lens.
- Guide Number: 124.7′ at ISO 100
- Coverage: 35mm (18mm with Panel)
- Manual Output: 1/1 to 1/128
- Tilts Upward 90°
- Rotates Left 180° & Right 90°
- Optical Slave Mode with 33′ Range
- Instant Sync & Skip Preflash Slave Modes
- Recycle Time: 0.1-5 Seconds
- PC Sync Port & External Power Socket
- Runs on 4 AA Batteries
Yongnuo YN560-IV Speedlite is a long range manual flash unit capable of triggering other flashes from up to 328′ away as well as being triggered with the RF-603 and RF-602 wireless transmitters. The YN560-IV is powerful with a guide number of 190′ at ISO 100 and 105mm. The unit is also quite versatile with a zoom range of 24-105mm, which is able to be expanded to 18mm with the built-in wide-angle diffuser. Additionally, this output can be adjusted from 1/1 to 1/128 power in 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps.
- 2.4 GHz Transceiver with 328′ Range
- Guide Number: 190′ at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Zoom Range: 24-105mm (18mm with Panel)
- Output Range: 1/1 to 1/128
- Tilts -7 to 90° & Rotates 270°
- Optical Slave Functionality
- Recycle Time: Three Seconds
- Multi-Mode for Firing Series of Flashes
- PC Sync and HV Power Ports
- Runs on Four AA Batteries